Apply your focus
& intent to create
• About Us
• Art Meditation
• Contact Us
..::Art Meditation II - Medicine Wheel::..
Permission is not granted for reproduction, distribution, or posting on other websites, forum
boards or community pages. This meditation is offered to help you to utilize meditative art to boost your inner awareness, contemplation skills, and contribute to your integration and balance.
© Medicine Wheel by June Kaminski, 2000
Within this artwork lies symbols that represent the sacred four corners: East, South, West and North. Each direction is represented by a key animal, time of day, Season, Color and Element:
- East: Eagle - Morning - Spring - Yellow - Air
- South: Coyote - Midday - Summer - Red - Fire
- West: Dolphin - Evening - Autumn - White - Water
- North: Bison - Night - Winter - Black - Earth
The Four Directions
- The East is a time of new beginnings, traditionally beginning on the Spring Solstice. It is represented by a new dawn, a new year, new births, and the growth and development of our sacred Mother Earth and all of her flora and fauna.
- The South is a time of passion, the fiery sun and long summer days, fertility, maturity and moving towards adulthood. It is also the phoenix rising from the ashes.
- The West is a time of the setting sun, mature adulthood, twilight and the balancing of emotions and memory. It is represented by the growing family, by the acceptance of responsibility and working together collaboratively, the harvest.
- The North is a time of wisdom, of old age, of the dream time. This is the time of rest and comtemplation, of life review, and of learning the lessons gleaned on our precious Mother Earth.
Gaze at the Medicine Wheel artwork, one direction at a time and contemplate the following script for as long as is comfortable.
I enter the sacred Wheel from the East
I enter as innocent and sweet as a happy child, sheltered from harshness and fear.
I feel the surge of youth and energy course through my veins
I give thanks for this day.
I move through the Wheel to travel to the South.
I feel the quickening in my blood as the passion and power fill me.
My very being vibrates with the intensity of my true essence
I am power, I am strong, I am fearless. I am thankful.
I move through the Wheel to travel to the West.
I am grateful for the sunset, the sense of peace after a hard day's work.
I count my blessings as I tend to my brood.
I am careful and attentive - I feel bounty in my soul. I am grateful.
I move through the Wheel to travel up to the North.
I feel the contentment that comes with the nightfall as I attune to my inner knowing.
I glean much from the dreamtime - my visions and prophesies are heralded and listened to.
I become the great storyteller, I teach the young. I am thankful.
I leave the lodge of the North to once again travel to the East.
I face the center of the Wheel and drink in the energy of the four directions.
I raise my arms in adoration and gratefulness.
I am whole. I am a part of all. I belong and rejoice.
© Medicine Wheel Artwork and Meditation - June Kaminski, 2005
Site is optimized for all browsers - for screen resolution 800x600 - for 16 bit or better color.
© June Kaminski, MSN, PhD Candidate- 2001 - 2012 -Healing Intent.com - All rights reserved.
Design by June Kaminski, Hygeia Design