Apply your focus
& intent to create
• About Us
• Art Meditation
• Contact Us
HLTH 501: Visualization for Health and Well-being
This 13 week course provides theory, application, and practice in the process and dynamics of using visualization and imagery in health care practice and education for the promotion of health and well-being in self and others. This course entails 39 instruction hours, equivalent in length to a standard 3 credit college course. Health Professionals earn earn 39 hours of CE credit from the State of California through our NILC site. Anyone is welcome to take this course.
Practice includes applications to various client populations and situations including pediatrics, adult, obstetrics, surgery, medicine, chronic illness, body image, pain control, wound and fracture healing, cancer treatment and other conditions. A self-focused component provides practice in applying the techniques to improve work performance and mental clarity, as well as promoting personal health and well-being.
Although this course is best done in thirteen weeks, learners are encouraged to approach the content in a self-paced, individualized way. One to one interaction with the course facilitator is a primary feature of this process. This course is done completely online from the comfort and privacy of your own home or office. All necessary study materials are included in the course fee, including readings and downloadable manual and applicable worksheets. You may enroll at any time.
Additional supplies will be required to create your visualization scripts including a reliable tape recorder or computer-based sound recording system; blank tapes or CDs; and a reliable microphone. For those who wish to create music or add sounds to the tapes, access to musical instruments or computer software or hardware, or access to recordable nature sounds (such as ocean waves, the wind, rain falling, birds singing, and so on) will be needed.
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to visualization, mental imagery, affirmations, mind-body interactions, physiology, pathophysiology
- Explore the dynamics of applying visualization and imagery for pain relief and relaxation
- Explore principles of the visualization process and apply these to health and healing with various populations
- Engage in the process of creating visualization and imagery scripts including the selection of background music and sounds
- Explore the process of applying visualization and imagery to self-care activities including fitness, nutrition, weight control, sleep disorders, fracture and wound healing, and chronic conditions
- Create visualization and imagery guides for selected populations
- Practice visualization and imagery techniques with selected populations
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of the visualization guides created
Learners will be assessed using the following methods (both self and instructor evaluation):
Upon completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion for a 39 hour course.
- Personal Journal and Weekly Worksheets: 20%
- Visualization Script Exercises: 10%
- Major Visualization Guide (recorded): 35%
- Visualization Guide Analysis: 25%
TOTAL TUITION: $249 USD which includes instruction, manual and worksheets. (see PROCESS above for further supplies needed).
Fee may be paid using PayPal, international money order or certified check.
Site is optimized for all browsers - for screen resolution 800x600 - for 16 bit or better color.
© June Kaminski, MSN, PhD Candidate- 2001 - 2012 -Healing Intent.com - All rights reserved.
Design by June Kaminski, Hygeia Design